Risbee

Flutters and Flails

I"m a girl who likes to read and tell - so I do :)  Make sure you check out my blog - and if you want to follow it, that would be awesome!  http://fluttersandflails.blogspot.com/

What I Didn't Say

What I Didn't Say - Keary Taylor I wasn't sure what to expect when I requested this book from Netgalley -- I was drawn to the summary and the cover and intrigued by the premise, but stories like this can go so many different ways. This one went the right way. Right now, I'm pretty sure this is going to be one of the reviews that sounds better in my head than it does typed out...I couldn't get over how I felt when Jake woke up in the hospital and found out that he couldn't speak. *I* felt like it had happened to me and I couldn't imagine life without the ability to speak. Keary Taylor wrote this long scene with panic and tears and wailing, she didn't need to...but what she did write created this moment where I could FEEL like it had happened to me.As the story progressed and Jake learns to deal with his new life, it became less about what had happened and more about...well, other things. I can't even begin to describe how timely this book is to my life and how I almost feel like I was meant to read it today.I haven't been the target audience for a YA book for longer than I care to admit, but this book just reiterates the fact that stories and words don't have an age limit. Yeah, so...read it.