Risbee

Flutters and Flails

I"m a girl who likes to read and tell - so I do :)  Make sure you check out my blog - and if you want to follow it, that would be awesome!  http://fluttersandflails.blogspot.com/

The Space Between Us

The Space Between Us - Megan Hart I liked this one...a lot. Like, really a lot - but I can't really tell you why. It isn't one of those books that leaves you with the warm and fuzzies. Quite the opposite, in fact. When I first saw this book and the blurb on Netgalley, I wanted it. Badly. I mean, threesomes and bisexuality...hello! And I was so excited when I got a galley to read -- but it wasn't the quick-read tingly erotica that I thought I was going to get. There was so much more to the story than I could have possibly imagined.Lets face it, I read erotica because I don't "live" erotica. Most of us don't. I read it for the escape, the fantasy. But this particular story doesn't focus on the fantasy, it looks at what would probably happen. The realistic outcome of bringing a third person (Tesla) into an established relationship, in this case, Meredith and Charlie's marriage.Interspersed with the present day story are bits and pieces from Tesla's quirky and free-spirited past. Events and relationships that make her who she is today and that allow us a little peek into maybe why she makes the choices that she does. All she wants (but maybe doesn't realize at first) is to be loved. To have that connection with somebody, that all encompassing emotion that completes the empty pockets and spaces you don't notice until they are filled. And once the layers are peeled away and you find that love, then what?So yeah, there was that emotional element that I love so much. Even though there were times where I felt like I was gut-punched, it was legitimate emotion and none of it felt contrived. Well. Done.Basically, what I've been trying so hard to say is that Megan Hart managed to twist my emotions up in knots and I got so much more from this book than I expected. I look forward to reading more by her.