Risbee

Flutters and Flails

I"m a girl who likes to read and tell - so I do :)  Make sure you check out my blog - and if you want to follow it, that would be awesome!  http://fluttersandflails.blogspot.com/

Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1)

Wicked Lovely  - Melissa Marr I wanted to give it 3.5 stars, but went with 4 because it deserved more than 3.I liked this story. I was happy that Ash had a backbone and didn't play the helpless damsel in distress that needed the boy to come save her. I'm SO tired of reading that storyline. She didn't rearrange her life to fit her destiny, she made her destiny fit her life. This needs to happen more in YA.Seth -- **swoon** I want one just like him. Keenan annoyed me, but I'm not sure he could have been written differently - his personality fit his role in the story. He seemed like a slightly less irritating Eddie Haskell to me **shrugs** He actually reminds me of someone I know and every time I'd read a scene with him in it, I wrinkled my nose. I know he was handsome and beautiful and all that, but I couldn't help but think that if he wore a suit, it would be shiny. I think my big disappointment happened at the end...it just seemed rushed. The final scene was inevitable and I knew it was coming -- but as soon as it started, it was over. I actually had to read the last few pages to make sure I didn't miss anything. If I hadn't been reading on my Kindle, I would have thought that I was missing a chapter or something. But again...I liked the story. Is it tops on my rec list? No...but if somebody asks if they should read it, I'll probably say yeah.